In case you hadn’t already guessed…I love a bit of spice.
Thai food is yummy, but I’m not very experienced when it comes to making it, but this recipe is really quick and easy to do, along with having loads of stuff that’s good for you in it too!
Thai Red Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes
Write a review
- Sunflower Oil
- 250g of diced chicken
- 1.5 tsp of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1.5 tsp ginger paste
- 1 heaped tsp of Tamarind Paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 small sweet potatoes – sliced
- 400ml Light Coconut Milk
- handful of cherry tomato halved
- Heat a glug of sunflower oil in a deep pan
- Add the diced chicken and cook for about 5 mins
- Add the garlic, curry paste, ginger, tamarind and bay leaves and stir for 1 minutes
- Add the sliced sweet potatoes and the coconut milk to the mixture, stir together and bring to the boil.
- Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until chicken is tender
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes
- We serve this with either pitta, or rice (or both).
Aimee Horton http://passthegin.co.uk/