Blueberry and Apple Loaf
Because last night I made Chicken with Blueberries and Cinnamon (it was amazebogs), I had some blueberries left over. I didn’t fancy making blueberry muffins again so I decided to make something else. Therefore, this recipe is based a lot on this one from delicious magazine. But with an Aimee twist as it seemed a little too stiff for me.
Total Prep to Serve time 1 1/2 hours.
225g Self Raising Flour
125g chilled butter and diced.
175g golden caster sugar
2 large eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 large apples peeled, cored and thinly sliced.
1 tablespoon of Golden Caster Sugar
1 pinch of ground cinnamon
What you do
- Preheat the oven to 190C/fan170C/gas 5. Line a bread tin with great proof paper.
- Sieve the flour into a food processor with a pinch of salt and add the butter. Whizz until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and eggs and whizz again to make a stiff mixture.
- Add the oil and whizz again until smooth.
- Spoon half the cake mixture into the loaf tin, then scatter with half the apples and half the blueberries. Spoon over the remaining cake mixture, then scatter with the remaining fruit.
- Mix the ground cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle on the top of the cake
- Bake for 1 hour or until risen and firm. To test it, insert a skewer into the centre – it should come out clean.
It would look better but I MAY have used plain instead of self raising and only realised when it was in the oven.