I love this. I first made it out of sheer desparation not to be beaten by a colic screaming 6 week old baby. I remember it well as I ate it with my fork rocking my pram back and forth. It may have been one of the times I’d suggested to Matthew that I’d “changed my mind”.
Now it’s something I make in an emergency at home. By emergency I mean, the nights Matthew refuses to order Dominos and I really don’t want to cook. It’s SUPER easy, and we tend to keep everything in to make it. I don’t remember where it’s from, or where I found it, but I love it.
- Olive Oil
- 1 onion whizzed in the blender
- Garlic Cloves – finely chopped
- 1 red pepper – chopped
- 400g chopped tomatoes
- 1 Pack of Gnocchi
- Basil Leaves
- 1 ball of Mozzarella
- Add a glug of olive oil to a large frying pan, chuck in onion and red pepper and cook until they begin to soften. Stir in the garlic heat up for a few minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes and gnocchi. Once it’s simmering leave on a medium heat for 10mins (or until soft) stirring occasionally. While you’re doing this..turn on the grill.
- Tip contents of the pan into an oven proof dish (unless your pan can go in the oven too).
- Tear up the Mozarella and Basil and scatter over the gnocchi. Grill until cheese is melted, bubbling and brown.