BBQ’d Tomato Glazed Chicken & Fire Roasted Veg Tagliatelle
I love a BBQ. I’m sure part of it is a reminder of my childhood, my dad standing on the porch with a cigarette in one hand, and a G&T in the other tending to our red kettle BBQ. I wasn’t as into food then. By “as in” I mean AT ALL. Walls sausages was about as far as I would go.
But since I’ve grown to enjoy food, I love BBQ’s. At home, as they’re rare, we often keep it to a “traditional” BBQ with burgers, hot dogs, and perhaps a bit of fish thrown on for measure, it’s when we’re on holiday we really take advantage.
Although, saying that, the last few weeks have given us the opportunity to be more adventurous again. I KNOW the weather has been up and down, but we’ve taken advantage and had the BBQ out a fair old bit. One thing I love is just to tie normal dinner to the BBQ. Which is what today was. I had a tone of veg that needed using up, along with some chicken so we decided to combine, and make a roasted veg, partly to go in a pasta sauce, and enough to freeze. We decided to serve this with tagliatelle and tomato glazed chicken.
- 2 x Red Pepper
- 2 x Yellow Pepper
- 1 x Aubergine
- 4 x mini courgette
- 1 x Red Onion
- handful of cherry tomatos
- Olive Oil
- Chicken Ingredients
- 2 x Chicken Breasts
- Big squirt of Tom Puree
- 2 tbsp Worchester Sauce
- 2 tbsp Clear Honey
- Dried Rosemary
- Chop veg and stir in a massive glug of olive oil, chopped garlic, and sprinkle of dried oregano. Cover with cling film and leave to marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Once you’re ready to cook, wrap in foil parcels and place on BBQ.
- Cook until hot all the way through.
- Then you can do as you like. I blitzed some in the blender to make a pasta sauce. I often just roast them and serve with meat or fish.
- Mix together ingredients, add chicken and cover and marinade for about 30mins.
- Place on BBQ and cook until ready – usually about 20 mins.
- See. Easy PEASY