Mussels with Tomato & Chilli Sauce
You sometimes you just REALLY REALLY fancy something? That’s how I was yesterday. It’s been ages since I’ve had mussels. We went through a phase of always having them, but somewhere along the line we fell out of the habit. I think it was when we came back from holiday after living on king prawns and dorada.
SO when Mr. Aimee texted saying he fancied Italian for dinner I willingly leapt in the car with fatso and headed to the supermarket.
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes – halved
- Garlic Clove finely chopped/Lazy Garlic – 1tsp
- Olive Oil
- Dried Chillies
- 2 glasses of white wine
- As many mussels as you can handle (I think we went for about 1kg *cough*)
- 4 nests of Tagliatelle
- GARLIC BREAD
- Heat a good glug of olive oil in the frying pan, then add the garlic and a good pinch of dried chillis.
- Cook for about 1 minute before adding the cherry tomatoes – cover and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the white wine.
- Bring to boil then lower the heat to simmering, cover (I’ve had to cheat and use a chopping board as I have no lid for my frying pan), and leave to simmer for about 20ish minutes, stiring every now and then – you’ll know it’s going ok as long as the tomatoes soften into a sauce.
- Pre-heat the oven and heat a pan of salted water on the hob then add the pasta (and put the garlic bread in the oven).
- At this point stir in the mussels* simmer until cooked through.
- Stir in the pasta and serve.